AAFA TENNESSEE BIBLE AND FAMILY RECORDS
Ransford McGregor & Elizabeth B. Alford Bible
By Lynn D. Shelley, #0484
(Published in AAFA ACTION, Fall 1998, pp. 66-71)
The following Bible records were found in published sources at the TN State Library and Archives
or sent to AAFA by the named source.
From TENNESSEE RECORDS: BIBLE RECORDS AND MARRIAGE BONDS
Compiled by Jeannette Tillotson Acklen, Genealogical Publishing Co., 1974, pages 269 and 270.
These records are from the Bible of Ransford McGregor and Elizabeth B. Alford (1st wife)
and Isabella S. Henderson (2nd wife).
THE McGREGOR BIBLE
In 1974, in the possession of Miss Sallie Tilghman, niece of Ransford McGregor, Mt. Juliet, TN.
- Ransford McGregor, son of Flowers and Mary McGregor, married Aug. 14, 1832,
to Elizabeth B., daughter of William and Sarah Alford
[this was William Alford and Sally Waller; see the John Alford
- Ransford McGregor, son of Flowers and Mary McGregor, and Isabella S. Henderson, daughter
of James and Margaret Henderson, married Aug. 20, 1834
- Ransford McGregor, Nov. 11, 1801
- Elizabeth B. [Alford] McGregor, March 16, 1815
- Elizabeth McGregor, June 11, 1833
[only child of Ransford and Eliz. Alford McGregor]
- Isabella H. McGregor, Sept. 8, 1807
- James A. McGregor, Sept. 21, 1837
- John L. McGregor, July 5, 1839
- Violet E. McGregor, Feb. 16, 1842
- Joseph D. McGregor, April 16, 1843
- William Albert McGregor, July 16, 1845
- Ransford P. McGregor, Jan. 1, 1848
- Elizabeth B. [Alford] McGregor, June 18, 1833
- Elizabeth McGregor, June, 1833
- Isabella H. McGregor, Aug. 16, 1849
- William Albert McGregor, March 17, 1874
Elizabeth B. Alford was the daughter of William Alford and Sally Waller.
Site maintained by AAFA