The Alford American Family Association
Serving the Alford community over 25 Years
We Are Family!!
Click for CONTACT Information
|Last Updated: 13 JUL 2019 by #0197|
Eleanor Alford Veazey, AAFA #0966
1. Eleanor Alford Veazey was born Apr 30, 1918 in Athens, Clarke County, GA. She married, on Sep 4, 1941 in Ridgeland, Jasper County, SC, Bates Barrington Bowers, Sr. who was born Aug 17, 1920 in Memphis, Shelby County, TN and died Mar 29, 2016 in Union Point, Greene County, GA. Eleanor died May 4, 2008 in Palm Beach Gardens, Palm Beach County, FL. They are buried in the Greensboro City Cemetery, Greensboro, Greene County, GA.
2. Eli Lincoln Veazey, Sr. was born Jun 13, 1882 in Greene County, GA. He was a Salesman. He married, on Jun 27, 1917 in Sylvester, Worth County, GA, 3. Eleanor Rebecca "Ellie" Alford who was born Jan 26, 1891 in Parkerville, Worth County, GA and died Jan 6, 1948 in Atlanta, Fulton County, GA. Eli died Mar 21, 1936 in Greensboro, Greene County, GA. They are buried in the Greensboro City Cemetery, Greensboro, Greene County, GA.
6. William Leorus "Orus" Haywood Alford was born Oct 23, 1863 in Holly Springs, Wake County, NC. He was a Turpentine/Naval Stores Operator. His 1st marriage was Nov 21, 1885 in Holly Springs, Wake County, NC to 7. Eleanor Frances Norris who was born Oct 19, 1869 in Wake County, NC and died Jul 30, 1906 in Worth County, GA. His 2nd marriage was Apr 11, 1907 in Worth County, GA to Lucy Melvina "Lucy Mell" Overby who was born Jun 3, 1881 in Coweta County, GA and died Apr 18, 1953 in Bleckley County, GA. Orus died Jun 16, 1931 in Shingler, Worth County, GA. All three are buried in the Hillcrest Cemetery, Sylvester, Worth County, GA.
12. Green Haywood Alford was born Jun 7, 1820 near Wakefield, Wake County, NC. He was a Planter and Politician. He married, on Oct 13, 1843 in Cary, Wake County, NC, 13. Rebecca Jones who was born Mar 18, 1820 in Wake County, NC and died Aug 6, 1890 in Wake County, NC. Green died Dec 13, 1877 in Holly Springs, Wake County, NC. They are buried in the Pleasant Grove Baptist Church Cemetery, Fuquay-Varina, Wake County County, NC.
Great Great Grandparents
24. Green Alford was born about 1787 in Wakefield, Wake County, NC. He married, on Jul 26, 1813 in Wake County, NC, 25. Nancy Rose Liles who was born about 1794 in Wake County, NC and died about 1851 in Wake County, NC. Green died in 1848 in Carey, Wake County, NC. They are buried in the Family Plot, High House, Wake County, NC.
NOTE: For many years the identity of the parents of Green Alford were in doubt but in 1999 court papers were discovered which conclusively prove that Green was the son of James Lodwick and Susannah Ross Alford. See AAFA ACTION Spring 2000, Page 55. "Eureka: Proving An Ancestor In Wake County, NC" By Lodwick H. Alford
3rd Great Grandparents
48. James Lodwick "Tanner" Alford was born Feb 7, 1749 in Edgecombe County, NC. He married 49. Susannah Ross who was born in 1752 in North Carolina and died in 1831 in Wake County, NC. James died in 1820 in Wake County, NC.
4th Great Grandparents
96. Lodwick Alford was born about 1710 in New Kent County, VA. His 1st marriage was to Elizabeth Cade who was born Apr 29, 1717 in New Kent County, VA and died May 29, 1735 in New Kent County, VA. His 2nd marriage was to Susanna Cade who was born Sep 25, 1718. His 3rd marriage was to 97. Sarah Smith. Lodwick died in 1800 in Franklin County, NC.
5th Great Grandparents
192. James Alford was born about 1687 probably in New Kent County, VA.
6th Great Grandparents
384. John Alford was born about 1645 probably in Virginia and died Mar 14, 1710 in New Kent County, VA.
The AAFA Family Branch for this Ahnentafel
Corrections, additions, or comments regarding this Ahnentafel should be directed to the AAFA Data Manager. Please include the Ahnentafel number, 0966, and the highlighted reference number (which precedes the ancestor name, e.g. 384) of the ancestor to which the comment applies. Email the AAFA Data Manager by clicking here.