The Alford American Family Association
Serving the Alford community over 25 Years
We Are Family!!
Click for CONTACT Information
|Last Updated: 10 SEP 2019 by #0197|
Elmyra Elizabeth "Myra" Alford McWhinney, AAFA #0930
1. Elmyra Elizabeth "Myra" Alford was born Sep 27, 1924 in Watsonville, Santa Cruz County, CA. She married, on Aug 19, 1948 in Carmel, Monterey County, CA, Benjamin Mayer McWhinney who was born Jan 7, 1923 in Seattle, King County, WA and died Apr 1, 1989 in Sebastopol, Sonoma County, CA. Myra died Aug 26, 2012 in Myrtle Point, Coos County, OR. They are buried in the Myrtle Crest Memorial Gardens Cemetery, Coquille, Coos County, OR.
2. Harry Newton Alford was born Feb 15, 1885 in Watsonville, Santa Cruz County, CA. He married, on Jun 21, 1905 in Los Gatos, Santa Clara County, CA, 3. Sarah Lavina Purviance who was born Sep 6, 1885 in Peru, Nemaha County, NE and died Apr 17, 1965 in Los Gatos, Santa Clara County, CA. Harry died Jun 11, 1953 in Chemekata Park, Santa Clara County, CA. They are buried in the Los Gatos Memorial Park Cemetery, San Jose, Santa Clara County, CA.
4. John Wesley Alford was born Mar 18, 1853 in Alton, Madison County, IL. He was a Policeman. He married 5. Marie Elizabeth Kitchen who was born Dec 19, 1862 in Healdsburg, Sonoma County, CA and died Mar 3, 1930 in San Bruno, San Mateo County, CA. John was shot and killed while on duty as the town's nigth watchman on Feb 6, 1897 in Watsonville, Santa Cruz County, CA and was buried in the Pioneer Cemetery, Watsonville, Santa Cruz County, CA.
8. Matthew Nelson Alford was born about 1819 in Alabama. He married, on Jul 2, 1848 in McMinn County, TN, 9. Martha C. Young who was born Aug 28, 1821 in Tennessee and died May 21, 1898 in Watsonville, Santa Cruz County, CA. Matthew died in 1868 in Hayward, Alameda County, CA.
Great Great Grandparents
16. Charles Alford was born Sep 30, 1790 in North Carolina. He married, before 1814 in Tennessee, 17. Mary Elizabeth Tipton who was born Jun 30, 1795 in Harriman, Roane County, TN and died Feb 18, 1863 in Palmyra, Macoupin County, IL. Charles died Mar 17, 1858 in Palmyra, Macoupin County, IL. They are buried in the Old Union Cemetery, Palmyra, Macoupin County, IL.
The AAFA Family Branch for this Ahnentafel
Corrections, additions, or comments regarding this Ahnentafel should be directed to the AAFA Data Manager. Please include the Ahnentafel number, 0930, and the highlighted reference number (which precedes the ancestor name, e.g. 16) of the ancestor to which the comment applies. Email the AAFA Data Manager by clicking here.