1. Sarah Beatrice Alford b. Apr 30 1909, Parkerville, Worth Co., GA, occupation nurse., m. Aug 10 1940, in Blakely, Early Co., GA, Richard Howell Parramore , b. Jan 9 1898, Lowndes Co, GA, occupation merchandizing & planter., d. Nov 2 1967, Valdosta, Lowndes Co., GA, buried: Riverside Memorial Cem., Valdosta, GA. Sarah died Oct 3 2001.
2. William Leorus "Orus" Haywood Alford b. Oct 23 1863, Holly Springs, Wake Co., NC, m. (1) Nov 21 1885, in Holly Springs, Wake Co., NC, Eleanord Frances Norris , b. Oct 19 1869, Wake Co., NC, d. Jul 30 1906, Worth Co., GA, m. (2) Apr 11 1907, in Worth Co., GA, 3. Lucy Melvina Overby , b. Jun 3 1881, Coweta Co., GA, d. Apr 18 1953, Bleckley Co., GA. William died Jun 16 1931, Shingler, Worth Co., GA, buried: Hillcrest Cem., Sylvester, Worth Co., GA. Orus was a turpentine/naval stores operator.
4. Green Haywood Alford b. Jun 7 1820, Wake Co., NC, occupation planter and politics., m. Oct 13 1843, in Cary, Wake Co., NC, 5. Rebecca Jones , b. Mar 18 1820, Wake Co., NC, d. Aug 6 1890, Wake Co., NC. Another marriage date sometimes shown is Jan. 8, 1844 County marriage record and newspaper notice. Green died Dec 13 1877, Holly Springs, Wake Co., NC, buried: Pleasant Grove, Fuquay-Varina, NC. Born near Wakefield. Actually died "near" Holly Springs. Cemetery is in Wake County- a few miles north of Fuquay-Varina and a few miles east of Holly Springs.
Great Grand Parents
8. Green Alford b. about 1787, Wakefield, Wake Co., NC, m. Jul 26 1813, in Wake Co., NC, Nancy 9. Rose Liles , b. about 1794, Wake Co., NC, d. about 1851, Wake Co., NC, buried: Family Plot, High House, Wake Co., NC. Green died 1848, Carey, Wake Co., NC, buried: Family Plot, High House, Wake Co., NC. For many years the identity of the parents of Green Alford were in doubt but in 1999 court papers were discovered which conclusively prove that Green was the son of James Lodwick and Susannah Ross Alford. See AAFA ACTION Spring 2000, Page 55. "Eureka: Proving An Ancestor In Wake County, NC" By Lodwick H. Alford
Some descendants of daughter Susan Alford Adams say that Green's first name was Nathaniel based on Rev. War General Nathanael Green.
Great Great Grand Parents
16. James Lodwick Alford b. Feb 7 1749, Edgecombe Co., NC, m. 17. Susannah Ross , b. 1752, North Carolina, d. 1831, Wake Co., NC. James died 1820, Wake Co., NC. Maybe born in Bute County.