The Alford American Family Association
Serving the Alford community over 25 Years
We Are Family!!
Click for CONTACT Information
|Last Updated: 07 NOV 2015 by #0197|
2015 AAFA MEETING and REUNION
This is the homepage for the 2015 Annual Meeting in Gulfport, MS, October 2-4, 2015.
We welcome anyone with an interest in the Alford family (and Halford, Alvord, etc.) to join us, AAFA member or not!
Looking forward to seeing you at the AAFA Meeting/Reunion!
Last modified on Tuesday, July 7th. Click for Meeting Registration Package.
The 2015 Annual Meeting and National Alford Reunion is scheduled for October 2-4 in Gulfport, MS. The meeting needed to be scheduled 1 week earlier (1st weekend in October) than usual due to insufficient hotel space.
The 2015 Annual Meeting and National Alford Reunion will be held at the Holiday Inn Gulfport - Airport, 9515 Highway 49, Gulfport, MS 39503. The hotel is located off I-10 and Highway 49, just a few miles from downtown Gulfport, MS and the coast's beautiful beaches. The hotel provides a roundtrip airport shuttle to the nearby Gulfport - Biloxi International Airport (GPT). The hotel is near such area attractions as the Gulf Island, Water Park, Gulfport Sportsplex, Ship Island Excursions, Beauvoir, the white sand beaches of the gulf coast and shopping at the Gulfport Outlet Mall (less than 1 mile). The hotel features a 24-hour business center, a heated indoor pool, hot tub, 24-hour fitness center, an on-site restaurant, a mini refrigerator in each room, free parking and is 100% smoke free. Both wired and wireless internet is available free of charge to hotel guests. Hotel web site.
The AAFA group room rate is $109.00 per night plus tax, single or double occupancy, subject to availability. This rate applies Wednesday, Sept 30 through Sunday night, Oct 4 (for check out on Monday, Oct 5). A minimum of 2 nights must be booked and used for this price to apply. This rate includes a full breakfast for up to 2 people per room per day (gratuity not included), complimentary wi-fi, a 24 hour business center with complimentary printing and access to their pool and fitness center.
To make hotel reservations:
The Rem's Restaurant serves breakfast weekdays 6:00am-10:00am and weekends 6:30am-10:00am.
- Call the Holiday Inn Gulfport - Airport directly at 228-679-1700.
- When making reservations be sure to identify yourself as part of the Alford Family Reunion.
- Reservations must be made on or before Wednesday, Sept 9 (Cutoff Date) to get the AAFA group rate. Make them now and you need not worry about it later. If necessary, individual guest cancellations will be accepted up to 72 hours (3 days) prior to arrival.
- Check-in time is 3:00pm. Check-out time is 12:00pm.
A deli style lunch buffet is available for $18.00/person, tax included (minimum 15 people). A variety of (3) meat sandwiches, potato chips or pasta salad, cookies or brownies, iced tea or assorted soft drinks can served as a buffet or a box lunch. Soup may be added for an additional $4.00/person. The registration form will have only an option to indicate interest in this option. There are several eating options located close to the hotel.
Hotel pet policy: No pets allowed.
Thanks to Thomas H. Alford, Member 1386, for making the hotel arrangements and signing the contract.
- The Jefferson Davis Home & Presidential Library in Biloxi, MS:
Guided tour of House, (3) ˝hr Movies, Picnic Lunch and
Self-guided Tours of Garden, Cemetery, Library & Museum.
This meeting will follow the pattern of recent AAFA meetings with segments:
Click for Meeting Registration Package.
- Morning and Afternoon - dealing with Alfords and research;
- Evening - reception dinner with no program - Grandma’s Kitchen Buffet:
Baked Chicken Leg Quarters, Country Fried Steak, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, Garden Salad & Desert for $35.00/person
- Morning - the lively (not boring) annual AAFA business meeting;
- Afternoon (or sooner if the business meeting ends early) - family forum
members talk about their Alford families and branches;
- Evening - the annual Banquet Buffet with memorial, recognition, etc::
Roast beef, Lemon Herb Chicken, Baked Catfish, Roasted Potatoes, Green Beans, Broccoli, Garden Salad & Desert for $40.00/person; and
- Morning - an informal show & tell and question & answer session.